Last year, we saw the return of Lucasfilm Games to the industry, and this morning they joined forces with Electronic Arts to detail some of the future Star Wars titles in development.
Thanks to details from a formal EA Press Release, we now know the following:
- Respawn Entertainment will oversee all three projects
- Vince Zampella will be overseeing the relationship with Lucasfilm Games
- Stig Asmussen is the Game Director who is leading development on the sequel to Jedi Fallen Order
- Peter Hirschmann is the Game Director who is leading development on a new Star Wars FPS
- Greg Foerstch, the Head of new studio Bit Reactor, is leading development on a new Star Wars strategy title
Douglas Reilly, VP, Lucasfilm Games, offered the following statement:
“We are excited to continue working with the superbly talented developers at Respawn…They have demonstrated excellence in telling epic Star Warsstories along with best-in-class gameplay across different genres and we are looking forward to bringing more amazing experiences to the galaxy far, far away.”
Peter Hirschmann, Game Director at Respawn on the FPS title, had the following to say:
“Working with Lucasfilm Games on a new FPS in the Star Wars galaxy is a dream come true for me, as this is a story I have always wanted to tell,”
It’s an exciting time to be a Star Wars fan in gaming. With several new projects underway from proven developers, the next several years could be a new golden age for Star Wars titles.