The Battlefield franchise is beloved worldwide and fans have been patiently waiting for news on the next entry. We confirmed some details several weeks ago, but according to multiple sources, there’s more to come very soon with a full reveal planned for May.
Here are latest details that are circulating on Battlefield 6:
- It’s confirmed to be a modern setting and will feature both large-scale and close quarters battles.
- Game modes will support from 16 to 128 players.
- Soldiers, vehicles, and weapons will be able to be customized.
- The game will run on the latest Frostbite engine which will provide:
- “Next-level” destruction
- “Next-gen” visual effects
- As we noted previously, we continue to hear that the game will only run on PC and next-gen consoles.
- A free to play Battle Royale mode is in the works but will not be ready for launch. It is expected sometime in 2022.
Can't wait to show you all what we're working on! pic.twitter.com/QdppfBpvbC
— MessyPizzaBoy (@MessyPizzaBoy) March 25, 2021
The more we hear about the new Battlefield, the more excited we become. In our opinion we are long overdue for a full, modern Battlefield and we can’t wait to see what they do with the power of modern PCs and next-gen consoles.