Call of Duty Modern Warfare is shaping up to be the “down to earth” Call of Duty reboot that fans have been yearning for, and today we got a small glimpse of what we can expect out of the revised multiplayer suite.
First, Gunfight is a new 2v2 mode that is “one of several multiplayer modes” that will launch with the game on October 25th. It is described as “Small team, multi-round cage matches. First duo to reach the round win limit is victorious“.
- Custom made, confined maps. The smaller in multiplayer.
- Everybody has the same loadout.
- Loadouts switch every two rounds.
- The first duo to win six rounds wins the match.
- Each round lasts 40 seconds. Once the 40 seconds expires, the round goes into Overtime where a flag spawns. You can then win by capturing the flag or eliminating the enemy players.
- Teams switch sides every two rounds.
The mode was being streamed by popular Call of Duty streamers, one of which you can find here: LEGIQN’s Stream
While Gunfight is being highlighted today, the Infinity Ward development team is preparing for a full multiplayer suite presentation on August 1st. You’ll be able to join the team live on Twitch as they premiere many new features and modes.
Modern Warfare may be our most anticipated Call of Duty in many years. From everything we’ve seen and heard to date, it should satisfy long term fans who have been aching for the series to revisit its military roots. We can’t wait to get our hands on the title and will be reporting more as soon as we gather new information. Stay tuned.