As the excitement for Gears 5 begins to ramp up, The Coalition is busy putting the final touches on the upcoming Tech Test. For fans, it will be their first time getting hands on play with Gears 5 multiplayer and will include a slice of the final offering come September.
The Coalition has detailed the Tech Test which begins on July 19th for selected Xbox Insiders and Game Pass subscribers. Here are the details:
- Arcade: A new approachable, frenetic Versus experience.
- Escalation: The pinnacle objective mode of Gears is back and better than ever.
- King of the Hill: Capture the hill, enjoy the carnage.
In addition, you’ll also get to try out two new features of Gears 5:
- Bootcamp: Practice your skills and learn new mechanics in our new training mode.
- Tour Of Duty: Experience a mini Tour of Duty, where you’ll complete Medals to unlock exclusive Tester Weapon Skins to take into Gears 5. Complete all 3 Medals to unlock the exclusive Tester Banner to showcase in Gears 5.
Dates and Times
- Beginning July 17th at 10am PDT, the Tech Test will be available to pre-download for eligible players. The Tech Test will be approximately 15GB.
- The first Technical Test period will run from July 19th at 10am PDT until July 22nd at 10am PDT.
- The second Technical Test period will run from July 26th at 10am PDT until July 29th at 10am PDT.
During Test periods, our goal is to test our servers handling an influx of players ahead of launch day. Gears 5 has an access queue system in place to protect server stability as much as possible – please be aware you may encounter some queueing as you start to play. Between test periods, the Tech Test will remain available for download but servers will be offline.
How to Participate
For Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass subscribers, access is included in your membership.
Beginning on July 17th at 10am PDT, you will be able to pre-download the Tech Test from the Game Pass Library as you would with any other game on Game Pass.
You can also access the Technical Test by pre-ordering digitally via the Xbox Store, or by redeeming a code provided when pre-ordering a physical copy at participating retailers. See below for a list of participating retailers.
As the Technical Test is online multiplayer, an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership will be required to play.