PlayStation has wrapped up their latest State of Play and the consensus seems to be very positive with some fantastic looking titles on the way. Below we have a full summary for you and we’ve added additional details on some of the biggest titles that you may not have known. Enjoy!
Resident Evil 4 Remake and PSVR2 Editions of RE4 Remake and Resident Evil Village
PlayStation opened the show with the news many fans were waiting for: A release date and trailer for Resident Evil 4 Remake. To further add to the excitement, this tied into their PS VR2 announcements.
- Resident Evil 4 launches on March 24, 2023.
- From the press release: “Reawakened for 2023, Resident Evil 4 preserves the essence of the original while using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine to deliver modernized gameplay, a reimagined storyline, and vividly detailed graphics.”
- It is new-gen only (PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S)
- It was also announced for PS VR2 though it wasn’t clear if that also released on the same day (given the lack of a definitive release date for the hardware)
- You can find more details and screenshots via The PlayStation Blog here.
- Resident Evil Village was also shown for PS VR2
More titles were shown for PS VR2
- There were no further hardware details shown during the show so we still don’t know the release date or price of the unit.
- However the following titles were shown which included first and third-party content.
Spider-Man Remastered was announced for PC (with Miles Morales to also launch at a later time).
- It releases on August 12th on Steam and the Epic Games Store
- It includes all prior DLC
Stray gets a new trailer and release date
- From Annapurrrna and BlueTwelve Studio, Stray releases on July 19th for the PS4 and PS5
- It will launch day and date for PS Plus Extra or Premium members
Callisto Protocol gets a detailed gameplay trailer and 2022 release date
- From Striking Distance Studios and built by some of the original Dead Space team members, Callisto Protocol releases on December 2nd
- It will be available for PC, PS4/PS5, and Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S.
Enter the Rollerdrome in August
- From OlliOlli developer Roll7, Rollerdrome launches in August.
- You can find more details on the gameplay via the PlayStation Blog here.
Experience a dating action-game in Eternights
- Eternights launches in early 2023 for the PC, PS4, and PS5
- The developer has confirmed it will eventually come to Xbox and Switch platforms as well
Street Fighter 6 looks to return the crown to the legendary franchise
- SF6 will release for PC, PS4/PS5, and Xbox Series X/S in 2023
- An early look has revealed 14 fighters at launch (though we’re sure that could change)
- Details from the press release:
- Brand New Game Modes: The Street Fighter franchise continues to hone its skills and redefine the fighting genre with the introduction of three new foundational modes – Fighting Ground, World Tour and Battle Hub.
- In-Game Commentating: The Real Time Commentary Feature incorporates the voices of popular Fighting Game Community (FGC) commentators like Jeremy “Vicious” Lopez and Ryutaro “Aru” Noda directly into the game! Players will have a choice of personalities to narrate matches as they happen with easy-to-understand gameplay explanations. This feature will also support subtitles in 13 languages for increased accessibility.
- New Control Scheme: The Classic Control Type is back alongside a new option. The Modern Control Type allows players to jump into the action with simplified inputs. Special moves are easier to execute with this scheme by combining one button press with a directional input.
- New Core Fighting Mechanics: Street Fighter 6 introduces the Drive System, a new gauge used to perform five distinct techniques to enhance a player’s offensive or defensive capabilities, including Drive Impact, Drive Parry, Overdrive Art, Drive Rush and Drive Reversal.
- You can find more details via the Capcom Blog here.
Scavengers Studio introduces Season: A Letter to the Future
- You can find details on Season via The PlayStation Blog here.
Square-Enix unveils more of Final Fantasy XVI
- Final Fantasy 16 is scheduled to release in Summer of 2023
- A lot of details were shared on the development cycle, the creator team behind the game, and more
- You can find additional screenshots via the official site here.
- You can find more details via The PlayStation Blog here.
As always if you missed the full show, we encourage watching it!
[…] PlayStation opened the show with the news many fans were waiting for: A release date and trailer for Resident Evil 4 Remake. To further add to the …View full source […]