Microsoft’s third-quarter 2021 fiscal results have been shared via their earnings report, and as we’ve seen for several quarters in a row now, the news is quite promising for Xbox.
You can find the full earnings report from Microsoft here. Below are the Gaming/Xbox highlights with some of our commentary:
- Hardware up 232% YoY
- Given the Xbox Series consoles, this is expected. As has been discussed, the Series consoles seem to be selling quite well with demand continuing to exceed supply.
- Content and Services up 34% YoY ($739 million)
- The growth of Game Pass is definitely a factor here alongside digital and in-game sales.
- Overall Gaming revenue up 50% YoY and reached $5 billion for the first time in company history
- According to Microsoft, this is due to a combination of Xbox, content, services, and new hardware.
*Stay tuned as more details may be shared this evening in an investor’s call.