Starward Industries is a new development studio founded in 2018 and based in Krakow, Poland. Established with talent from around the industry that had worked on titles such as The Witcher 3 and Dying Light, they are currently developing a new sci-fi thriller based on a well known book.
The Invincible is based on Stanislaw Lem’s science fiction novels and is described as a “futuristic sci-fi thriller set in a retro future timeline“.
You are a scientist onboard an interstellar scientific expedition, suddenly thrown into a life-or-death rescue mission. Landing on a planet Regis III you have to find the missing crew members using some advanced space equipment, whilst relying on your brains and instincts to survive on the planet which quickly occurs to be unwelcoming. Soon you’ll discover that Regis III holds terrifying secrets which are uncovered while you’re piecing together the fate of your crew. And as you delve deeper into the mystery, you realise that perhaps you are not alone, and that some places like this planet are better left untouched. But it’s too late to turn back.
As described on Steam, the game is being developed with the following aspects:
- Retro-future atompunk setting reminiscent of the era of space race
- Analogue yet very advanced technology allowing for drones and autonomous robots to support or spoil your mission
- Immersive gameplay with a non-linear story shaped by your relationships, choices and persuasive skills
- Beautiful, state of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine
- Intriguing story inspired by Stanislaw Lem’s seminal sci-fi cult classic of the same name
Next-gen, sci-fi, thriller, with a choice-driven campaign? You have our attention. Let’s hope this turns out well. Given the talent behind the scenes, we’re anticipating good things!