The full reveal is tomorrow for Call of Duty : Cold War yet as is typical, information has leaked ahead of time thanks to the latest update for Modern Warfare.
According to the leaked files, Activision and Treyarch will offer three versions of Cold War however the most important note is that the standard edition will not give you the enhancements for the PS5 and Xbox Series X for free.
- Standard Edition
- Cross-Gen Bundle
- Ultimate Edition
The Standard Edition is the base edition available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Cross-Gen Edition includes the the base game but also the current-gen and next-gen versions of the game. This means Activision does not plan to offer free upgrades, but rather make users buy this edition to get both versions. Players who buy the PS4 Cross-Gen will get the PS5 version when available. And players on Xbox One who buy Cross-Gen will get the Xbox Series X version when available.
The Ultimate Edition includes:
- Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War game
- Note: console versions include current-gen version and next-gen version when it launches
- Land, Sea and Air Pack
- 3 Operator Skins
- 3 Vehicle Skins
- 3 Weapon Blueprints
- Battle Pass Bundle (1 Season Battle Pass + 20 Tier Skips)
- Confrontation Weapons Pack
Additionally, those who pre-order will receive early access to the beta along with items for Modern Warfare and Warzone.
- Early access to the Open Beta
- Iconic Operator Frank Woods and an assault rifle Weapon Blueprint for immediate use in Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® and Call of Duty®: Warzone™
- 10 Tier Skips for immediate use in Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® and Call of Duty®: Warzone™
Frankly, this is starting to get a little silly though we sadly have to say, it’s not unexpected. We find it incredibly ironic that the game will release for PC as one version, which can scale up and down endlessly in quality, while PS5 and Series X owners will need to pay extra. We hope this practice by publishers ends very early in next-gen.