Infinity Ward has been responding quickly to players concerns with Modern Warfare and another round of adjustments has been made as of early this morning. The details are as follows:
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
This was then clarified further with the following:
Sorry the footstep wording isn’t super clear. I’ll try again:
- We have different sounds for crouch walk, walk, jog, sprint, etc
- Before this patch ADS used walk and crouch used crouch.
- If the player moved faster than a certain speed the ADS walk could change to a jog sound. The same was true for crouch where moving fast in crouch with say an SMG and some light weight attachments could push you into walk sounds from crouch sounds
- With this patch the Crouch will always play crouch sounds (creep sounds) and ADS will also play creep sounds. In this way it’s consistent for the user. Fictionally the player is stealthily moving around in these two states.
All in all players should be able to creep around more quietly with crouch and ADS movement.
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress
It’s great to see Infinity Ward addressing complaints and taking players feedback to make the game as balanced as possible. We’ve certainly been enjoying the game greatly and with continued tuning we believe it could be one of the best Call of Duty multiplayer suites ever.