Last week we reported that the PUBG PTS were launching the cross platform play and today everything went live. The patch notes are long and a bunch of great things have been added but here are you cliff notes.
Cross Platform Play must be enabled:
- Players can now be matched with players from the other console platform with Cross Platform Play.
- Cross party feature which allows players to party up with players from different platform is currently not supported.
- Cross party feature is scheduled to be developed and details will be shared at a later date.
- Cross Platform Play option can be turned on/off in “Settings – Gameplay – General Settings”
New Weapon added DBS:
- The DBS is a double barrel pump-action bullpup shotgun that can only be initially obtained from Care Packages.
- It has two internal magazine tubes that allow the user to load up to fourteen 12-gauge rounds.
- Thanks to those combined firing mechanics, DBS can produce massive bursts of damage in a short time span.
- Upper rail of the gun allows a Holographic, Red Dot Sight, and 2x to 6x Scopes.
- Maximum effective range to deal damage with the DBS is 100 m.
- Made visual improvements to shadows and enhanced rendering performance.
- Fixed an issue where the monitor would flicker or become blurry in certain situations.
- Deployed tentative change on the test server mitigating an issue which causes loot to appear late, mainly after landing from your parachute.
- Dev Note: As this change increases server load, we will closely monitor any potential negative impact this may have to the player experience. We intend to apply this change to live servers with this update if player feedback is positive and the overall server performance impact is negligible. Any changes to this plan will be communicated through the patch notes. Please try the changes on the test servers for yourself and kindly share your feedback.
- Footstep sounds volume and attenuation have been re-balanced.
- Footstep sounds will be more drastically reduced when players move to the outer limit of footstep audible range.
- Sound has been changed appropriately when getting into shallow water like puddles.
- Added a new song to the jukebox.
- New song will replace the existing song.
- Different sound effects are played when landing from falling, dependent to the surface material type.
- Reduced the volume of straw mats being destroyed.
- Made improvements to the ledge-grab sound effects.
- Reduced the volume of the Red Zone.
- For more information on the sound improvement plans, please go to the following link: “Dev Letter – Sound Improvement Plan“
New items/skins can be purchased
- WAKGOOD’S CRATE – Set containing 2 weapon skins
- Pirate KIM’s Crate – Set containing 2 weapon skins
- Halloween Items
- Authentic Eastern Items
- 4 types of MADSY shoes
Full list of Patch Notes: https://www.pubg.com/2019/09/25/console-update-4-3-patch-notes/