Another State of Play has come and gone and despite all the excitement we had we’re not quite sure Sony has nailed down the format and announcements to meet the hype yet.
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne is coming on 9.6.2019. This was titled as a “Massive Expansion” and will be available on all consoles same date. Cost has yet to be announced.
- Riverbond appears to be a fun little hack and slasher with characters from a number of IP’s and the look of Minecraft. No firm release date yet. At the moment we’ve only been told Summer 2019.
- Predator appears to be coming to consoles with a Predator Hunting Grounds. This appears to be a similar gameplay style to the Friday the 13th game where a team plays against the main character of the franchise. No details on release other than 2020.
- The PS1 classic Medievil will be releasing on October 25th. The extended look trailer gave us more gameplay to look forward to.
- If you love nature the Away trailer may have grabbed your attention. It appears that surviving natural disasters as an animal is around the corner.
- Days of Play Limited Edition PS4 in steel grey will available for a limited time, keep your eyes peeled in June. No release date was given.
- The hope and rumors for another look at FF7 were true. Big fans of the series will be happy to know that the development for it is alive and well. No release date or window was given, only that more will be coming in June.
The full broadcast is below. Actual show starts at 8:25.
It’s really hard to look forward to State of Play if Sony continues in the manner they have the past couple of episodes. This was even shorter than the last, and the trailers and announcements were lackluster. The biggest announcement was at the end and only a tease to wait even longer than we already have for more details. We really hope that Sony listens to feedback and brings more to future shows.