Update : Apex Legends is available now to download on the PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The livestream revealed a new, fully featured Battle Royale game from Respawn Entertainment. While not exactly what people imagined in relation to Titanfall, it does look to have the elements to keep people playing for the long term and is based in the Titanfall universe.
Here’s the map layout:
There are 8 “legends” to play at the moment each with different abilities. This allows squads to mix and match with different abilities more similar to Overwatch than other BR titles:
- Squads are made up of 3 players with matches containing 60 players at the start.
- You can find the main site and download links for each platform here : Apex Legends
- You can find the official Twitch channel here : Play Apex Twitch
Gameplay Deep Dive Video from Respawn:
Original Post : The rumor seemed so far fetched, we hadn’t reported on it prior. But we now know that Apex Legends is the title of a new game from Respawn Entertainment which will debut today. Here are the details:
- The teaser stream from Respawn begins today at 11am EST / 8am PST.
- The full reveal occurs at 3pm EST / 12pm PST.
- You can tune into the stream here: Apex Legends Stream
We are hugely interested in seeing this title in its entirety later today. Titanfall is a tremendous FPS and Respawn Entertainment has some amazing developers so we can only imagine what they will do in the Battle Royale genre. Exciting!