Super Mega Baseball 2, the follow up to the surprisingly fun original, arrives on May 1st. It will launch on the Xbox One, PS4, and PC for $29.99 alongside a few paid DLCs for cosmetic items.
Metalhead Software has been developing the title over the past couple of years and delayed it from its proposed late 2017 release to continue to add refinements and polish. As such, it offers many new features over the original including:
- 8 new stadiums built from the ground up
- New player models with new animations
- Comprehensive customization options for leagues, teams, logos, uniforms, and gear
- Competitive and co-operative online play on dedicated servers
- Refined simulation physics
- Enhancements for the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro
Super Mega Baseball is unique as it’s a load of fun even if you don’t traditionally like baseball or sports titles. Porshapwr has been playing Super Mega Baseball 2 in the closed beta, and while he can’t share impressions or clips given the strict NDA, it’s safe to say he’s thoroughly enjoyed himself and is excited for the official release. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more on the title!
Covering the videogame industry with daily content, unique opinions, and as always, no ads or filler.