The latest OS update for the Nintendo Switch is live. Here are the details directly from Nintendo:
- Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
- Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
- Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
- To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
- Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
- Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
- Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
- Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
There’s nothing earth shattering in this update but it’s good to see Nintendo continuing a solid cadence of updates to the Switch. However, right now all we’re truly waiting on is more details on Switch Online as we feel tru online capability is long overdue for the platform.
Covering the videogame industry with daily content, unique opinions, and as always, no ads or filler.