It’s safe to say the Switch has been a resounding success for Nintendo. While we knew it was selling extremely well, we didn’t know exactly how well. That is, until now. Nintendo has released details on lifetime sales for both the unit and software for the Switch.
The Switch itself has now sold nearly 15 million units and has officially surpassed the Wii U in lifetime sales.
Meanwhile, Mario Odyssey is the best selling title followed by Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Zelda Breath of the Wild. The official numbers are as follows:
- Nintendo Switch : 14.86 million units
- Super Mario Odyssey : 9.07 million units
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 7.33 million units
- Zelda BOTW: 6.7 million units
- Splatoon 2: 4.91 million units
- 1-2 Switch: 1.88 million units
- ARMS: 1.61 million units
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 1.06 million units
You can find the information directly from Nintendo here: Nintendo Official Sales Numbers
This is great news for Nintendo. By time the Switch will have been out for a year, it will have passed 15 million units sold which is a fantastic start. Combined with the popularity of the major first party titles and the general consensus on the Switch being a fantastic piece of kit for both families and traveling, we’re sure it will continue to be a beloved console for some time.