Courtesy of a gameplay video by Star Wars HQ, we now have a more in-depth look at the type of progression Star Wars Battlefront 2 will offer its players. The key takeaways are this:
- You will earn Star Cards by purchasing crates.
- There will be different crates that offer varying chances at rarer cards. Right now there are common, uncommon, and rare crates.
- Card rarities right now include common, uncommon, rare, epic, and legendary.
- As you level you will earn points to buy crates. You can also earn points through gameplay bonuses.
- You are able to craft items now using crafting parts that can be obtained through crates or by receiving duplicate cards (duplicates are turned into parts automatically).
- There will be point and crate bonuses to some degree relating to daily logins and play time.
Obviously the game is still a work in progress and some of these systems can change. But for now, you can find the details along with some new gameplay footage via the video below:
It looks as though EA and DICE are taking a very similar approach to other games that have foregone a season pass offering. Instead, we get a progression and unlock system that resembles many of the multiplayer games on the market today. Quite frankly, we think it’s a great decision and our own Porshapwr wrote an article on season passes needing to end last year (Season Passes Need to End). Battlefront 2 remains one of our most anticipated titles of the year and November can’t come soon enough.
Covering the videogame industry with daily content, unique opinions, and as always, no ads or filler.