After the “Prepare to Dine” hashtag used last week, Bandai Namco have now unveiled “Code Vein” which they are describing as a “dungeon exploration type, hardcore ARPG”.
Some of the features have been detailed such as:
- The game runs on Unreal Engine 4
- There is a “buddy” system that allows you to bring a co-op partner along
- Development is being done by the God Eater team and is approximately a third complete.
- A full trailer for the game will be released in May.
- Platforms haven’t been mentioned but it is confirmed to be coming to “console(s)”.
We’re a big fan of ARPGs so a “hardcore, dungeon ARPG” is right up our alley. Given Bandai Namco’s recent success, we hope this turns out well and are anticipating more details in the coming weeks. Could this be a new Souls competitor or even replacement? Time will tell!
Covering the videogame industry with daily content, unique opinions, and as always, no ads or filler.