Full rallying has arrived in Forza Horizon 5! The new Rally Adventure expansion not only brings with it a new playground for players to explore, but new story elements, cars, modifications, challenges, and more. Given Forza Horizon 5 receiving one of our very few 10s here at Seasoned Gaming, you can bet we’re excited. Let’s dive in.
Rally Adventure brings a new location for players titled Sierra Nueva. According to Xbox and PlayGround Games, it contains the largest number of racing events in any Horizon expansion to date.
To create a uniquely Horizon rally experience, we designed 38 miles (61km) of the most exciting driving roads ever in Forza Horizon full of unpredictable turns with steep inclines, blind crests and asphalt jumps. Pack some extra tires and keep those brakes handy, as massive sand trails kicked up by the vehicles ahead could stop you in your tracks! These dust plumes are physics-driven and result in the most complex weather effect in a Forza Horizon game.
To fully utilize its incredible roads and terrain, we’ve given Sierra Nueva the largest number of racing events of any Horizon expansion in an exciting new career, where you’ll get to join three rally teams and take on timed point-to-point Horizon Rally stages and traditional Horizon Races. Listen out for navigator callouts as your co-driver follows the action from the dynamic Horizon Rally Helicopter, which includes the dramatic night-time spotlight – essential for those low visibility routes!
Sierra Nueva also introduces several new biomes to explore including the town of Pueblo Artza, a huge Abandoned Quarry perfect for some Gymkhana action, epic deformable Sand Dunes, the tight and twisting Desert Gorge, rolling Green Hills, and an entirely smashable Palm Forest. You’ll even find the remote village of Cráteres Secos nestled into a breathtaking crater.
Of course building out a vehicle for rallying is a vastly different experience than on-road racing. So Rally Adventure also adds new tuning, body kits, tires, and more.
To ensure players can create their ultimate rally monster before venturing out into the wilds of Sierra Nueva, the latest Forza Horizon 5 series update introduces new tuning features for all players. These include all-new rally parts and body kits, adjustable Tire Profile Size on select vehicles to fit massive wheel arches, and an anti-lag system that delivers more power to turbocharged engines while producing spectacular flame effects and fire-cracker audio. It looks and sounds amazing!
We’ve also added launch control as a new driving assist option so everyone can experience those perfect rally starts, which are made even better thanks to our friends at Epitaph Records, who are serving up 15 new punk songs on the airwaves to accompany your hard-rock rally adventures.
If you’re looking for a purpose-built rally monster, Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure features 10 stunning new cars including performance trucks like the all-electric 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum, off-road buggies such as the 1973 Hoonigan Volkswagen Baja Beetle Class 5/1600 ‘Scumbug’ and a rally legend that is the 2001 Ford #4 Ford Focus RS, which is also your starter car in the new rally career.
Other features in the expansion include a new Punk radio station, eleven new vehicles, and a campaign mode featuring three rally teams.
- In the new campaign mode you’ll get to join three rally teams and embark on timed Horizon Rally stages and multi-car Horizon Races. In these modes, compete across dirt, asphalt and challenging night-time scenarios to prove your mastery of all facets of rally driving.
- A new punk station has been added to Epitaph Radio.
- There are 11 rally vehicles to unlock through various team challenges as listed below.
- 2001 #4 Ford Focus RS – Complete the initial drive in Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure.
Apex Predators (Ambassador: Alejandra | Road Rally)
- 2021 RJ Anderson #37 Polaris RZR Pro 4 Truck: Rank 5 – Win “The Narrows” track.
- 2019 Jimco #240 Fastball Racing Spec Trophy Truck: Rank 9 – Win “The Apex Run” track (Ambassador Race vs Alejandra).
Horizon Raptors (Ambassador: Alex | Dirt Rally)
- 1973 Hoonigan Volkswagen Baja Beetle Class 5/1600 ‘Scumbug’: Rank 1 – Win “Cascada Fuerte” track.
- 2019 Casey Currie Motorsports #4402 Ultra 4 ‘Trophy Jeep’: Rank 5 – Win “Forest Trail” track.
- 2022 Alumicraft #6165 Trick Truck: Rank 9 – Win all Horizon Raptors Rally Events (8 events).
- 2021 Polaris RZR Pro XP Factory Racing Limited Edition: Rank 9 – Win “Raptor Race” track (Ambassador Race vs Alex).
Grit Reapers (Ambassador: Ramiro | Night Rally)
- 1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport Quattro S1: Rank 1 – Win “Reserva del Carrizo” track.
- 2020 Jimco #179 Hammerhead Class 1: Rank 5 – Win “Cràteres Secos” track.
- 2021 Alumicraft #122 Class 1 Buggy: Rank 9 – Win “Desafio” track (Ambassador Race vs Ramiro).
- 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum: Rank 9 – Win the “Horizon Badlands Goliath” track (unlocked by beating all Ambassadors).
We’ll have more discussion on Forza Horizon 5’s Rally Adventure this weekend on Bitcast so we hope to see you Sunday!