Pinball FX has been around for over 15 years now with the original console version launching on Xbox Live Arcade back in 2007. Since then, it’s gone through a few variations with the latest “new-generation” update arriving on PC early-access last year.
Today, Zen Studios launched the new Pinball FX across PC, Xbox, and PlayStation consoles. A Switch version is in the works and planned for the spring.
Pinball FX has a number of new and updated features including:
- 86 total tables.
- All tables have been remastered in Unreal Engine with 4K-HDR visuals, ray-tracing, and upgraded physics.
- 15 tables arriving on consoles for the first time including Star Wars The Mandalorian, World War Z Pinball, and more.
- A “Pin Hall” hub which acts as a trophy rooms to showcase players achievements.
- Tournaments that can be created by Zen Studios or players themselves.
- Coming later this year is a “Pinball Royale” that combines classic pinball with player-elimination gameplay.
“I think it’s fair to say that this is the biggest single day in the history of Zen Studios – and maybe even digital pinball itself,” said Mel Kirk, Chief Operating Officer at Zen Studios. “The future has never been brighter for Pinball FX as a franchise, and we cannot wait to show you some of the other great stuff we have in store for the future.”
To learn more about upcoming features, challenges, and tournaments, visit the main Pinball FX site here.