PlayStation has released their fiscal results for the third quarter of 2022 and they sure are impressive. The PS5 continues to sell-through extremely well and they also set new high-marks in other areas. Let’s dive in.
Here are all the key details:
- PlayStation had its best quarter yet in terms of PS5 shipments with 7.1 million units between October and December.
- This is an 82% increase YoY.
- Lifetime sales for the PS5 have reached 32.1 million.
- Sales were up significantly YoY from 813.3 billion yen to 1,246.5 billion yen (53% increase).
- This was aided by a very positive currency exchange impact, yet still impressive.
- Operating profit rose 25%.
- Overall revenue annualized now sits at $22.8 billion which would be the highest in PlayStation history.
- PS Plus saw another decline down to 46.4 million subscribers from 48 million.
- Though MAUs increased slightly to 112 million from 111 million.
- PlayStation called out that 30% of PS5 MAUs never owned a PS4 – thus alluding to new players in the ecosystem.
We’ll also shout out our friend DomsPlaying for breaking down financials so cleanly!
PlayStation continues to perform extremely well. Though the positive numbers for the holiday period are due, in-part, to God of War Ragnarok’s monumental success, it’s impressive nonetheless.
As we continue to say, all of the big three continue to impress financially and we’re excited for this generation to continue to evolve!