Naraka : Bladepoint, the popular 60-player battle royale, is now available on Xbox Series consoles (and via Game Pass). The game features multiple game modes, an extensive player creator, and deep mechanics. Fortunately, the teams at Xbox and 24 Entertainment have shared some details to get you started.
- Naraka employs a classic rock-paper-scissors style system, where charged attacks beat normal attacks, parries beat charged attacks, and normal attacks beat parries. Practice makes perfect and new players should definitely consider perfecting parries. Successfully executed parries enable you to disarm opponents and launch into relentless counterattacks, leaving your opponent’s health and armour in tatters.
- Landing a decent charged attack is almost as damaging, especially with heavier weaponry. In Naraka: Bladepoint fights can turn on a single mistake, so concentration on these core fighting disciplines are absolutely key to taking enemies down and ensuring your survival.
- Naraka: Bladepoint is also blessed with some very creative game modes, where new players can hone their skills. Bloodsport is one of the most popular and allows players to choose a preferred hero and weapons before the first round begins, they’ll need to stick with that loadout until the Bloodsport finals. Other modes players will want to check out are Omni’s Nightmare, Bloodbath and BOT mode.
- A unique 60-player battle royale, Naraka: Bladepoint sees your character engage in an exhilarating combination of melee action and parkour moves; so it’s important to ensure your character looks fantastic while going through all the motions. Fortunately, Naraka offers a huge array of character customisation and, while deep character customisation is a staple feature of most battle royales, this game goes above and beyond.
- To coincide with the launch of Naraka: Bladepoint on Xbox Series X|S, players will also get to experience a brand new weapon: The Dual Blades. These devastating weapons can deliver striking blows to opponents, whilst also offering the ability to charge your attacks for maximum effect.
- Last, but certainly not least, Naraka: Bladepoint will see the launch of a brand new Campaign mode, coming later this summer!