The Halo Infinite flights have been widely regarded as extremely positive, with millions of players participating in the multiplayer preview. However, one of the questions for the competitive community has been “what will the settings be for ranked?”
With the HCS (Halo Championship Series) set to return next month and the era of competitive Halo returning in full force, obviously 343 Industries has put forth a lot of resources on this front. Today, they introduced the “standard” competitive settings. The summary is as follows:
- The BR75 will be the starting weapon.
- Motion Tracker will be disabled.
- Grenade Hitmarkers will be disabled.
- Friendly Fire will be turned on.
- Modes will be Slayer, Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Oddball.
- Weapons, equipment, and grenades on maps will be set on static spawners meaning they will always appear in the same location on each map and mode combination, and will respawn at the same intervals.
For further detail from the design team(s) at 343i, be sure to check out their full blog post on Halo Waypoint. Additionally, you can watch a full match of Strongholds played by 343i and some members of the competitive team with the new settings.
For more information on the Halo Infinite flights, you can find a full break down of the 4v4 flight in our article here, along with our Halo Infinite Multiplayer Roundtable below!