Beginning today, all users on Xbox Series consoles who also have a Dolby Vision capable TV will be able to experience over 100 titles optimized for the feature. This makes the Xbox Series consoles the first and only consoles to support Dolby Atmos and Vision. As reported on the Xbox News Wire:
- Gaming in Dolby Vision launches today on Xbox Series X|S. More than 100 next-gen HDR titles optimized for Series X|S are available now or coming soon in Dolby Vision.
- In addition, thousands of classic HDR10 and Auto HDR games will benefit from improved picture quality through new Dolby Vision enhancement on Xbox Series X|S
- Xbox Series X|S are the first game consoles to support gaming in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which enhance gameplay with both full-spectrum visuals and immersive audio.
- Dolby Vision is compatible with next-generation features available on Xbox Series X|S such as DirectX Raytracing, Automatic low-latency mode (ALLM), Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and up to 120FPS.
To enable Dolby Vision or to check if your equipment supports it, simply follow the below:
- To check if your display supports Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > 4K TV details.
- For the best Dolby Vision experience, we recommend using automatic low-latency mode (ALLM). To enable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Then press Settings > General > TV & display options > Video Modes > Dolby Vision for Gaming