Title update 4.5 is now available for Watch Dogs Legion and brings with it, some of the most common features requested by fans.
First, users can now select between two graphic mode settings on the Xbox Series X and PS5. The first is the current 4K mode which runs at 30fps and includes ray-tracing. The new option runs at 60fps with no ray-tracing and a reduced resolution (though no specifics were provided).
Next, crossplay is now enabled on each ecosystem. Thus Series X/S players can now play with Xbox One users, and PS5 players can play with PS4 users.
The full list of patch notes is below and includes additional items such as a new Tactical Operation, new operative, and more. You can find the official forum post here (which also includes some details on the Legion of the Dead alpha on PC).
New Tactical Op: Project Omni
Take on this intense, challenging content with 3 other players. DedSec infiltrates a secret project that is affecting people’s Optik devices throughout the city… only to find out that a mad doctor has been experimenting on people and has merged their brains with a neural network that he controls. He must be stopped.
Quality of Life updates:
- 60 FPS performance mode for next-gen consoles.
- Cross-family play is now enabled. Players on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S, as well as PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 can now play together within their console family.
- Added loading screen hints for the HUD customization options.
- We’ve made several adjustments and optimizations to the start of the Single Player campaign. This will speed up some of the early areas and make it easier for new players to find their footing in our near-future London.
- HUD Display Presets
- Added a “Light” preset, which turns off a few of the most intrusive HUD elements
- Added an “Immersive” preset, which keeps only the most necessary information
At launch we put a lot of work into giving players the ability to manually turn ON or OFF nearly every element of the HUD to fine tune their experience. But it can be intimidating to dive into all those options and get something that feels right, so we’ve added a few curated presets that we feel provide different experiences.
- Improved Operative Bio (Mission Memories)
- Added over 80 memories that will appear in an operative’s bio when they complete various missions
Part of the core vision for Legion is the potential bonds that can form between a player and members of their team. But one of the caveats is that any given operative’s story, accomplishments, and head canon lives entirely…well in players’ heads. Operative Memories, along with other quality of life improvements to the Bio section such as Operative Statistic, is part of our effort to help take some of those moments and accomplishments out of the head canon and have them be reflected by the game itself. Our goal is to have players be able to reflect back on their favorite, most veteran members of DedSec and see a stark difference between them and a fresh new operative.
New free Operative:
Helen will join your DedSec ranks on June 15th. She will be a free Operative available through the Premium Store!
- Season 2: New free reward track for the Online Mode:
A new reward track is now live for players in the Online Mode. Level up and earn exclusive cosmetics, ETO, Watch Dogs Credits and more!
- New reward track features 80 ranks of progression.
- Each influence reward is smaller than in Season 1 (8, vs 10), but overall, the season has significantly more Influence to earn.
- There are more cosmetic items to be earned compared to Season 1.
- Updated sound and visual effects when claiming rewards.
- New Daily Challenges have been added.
- Greatly expanded the set of Masks that can be found in Hotspots.
- Ability to profile other players.
- You are now able to profile other players in your session to view their stats.
- Slightly reduced overall difficulty of Co-op missions:
- You now have more time to revive a fallen teammate, increased by +5 seconds.
- You now have more time to locate the dead bodies in Meltdown, increased by +30 seconds.
- Increased HP for the backpack in Meltdown & Repossession missions, by +25%.
- Online mode buttons have received some polish.