As the launch of Outriders nears, People Can Fly has been very good about communicating the updates for the game, and their plans in the short-term. To prepare players for next week, they’ve now detailed the final update for the game for day one.
Via Reddit, the developers have provided the following information for fans waiting to travel to Enoch.
“This is a patch we’re hoping to have ready and integrated into pre-loading even before launch. If everything goes to plan you won’t even have to download this on Day 1, but there is a possibility that this patch will release on April 1st (day one) and will therefore require an additional download.”
- Many bug fixes and improvements, with a particular focus on the latter sections of the game.
- Performance improvements for pacing/stuttering that was observed during the demo
- Camera Smoothing improvements for cutscenes and dialogues. This should reduce the camera shake that some players are struggling with
- Cutscenes/dialogues frame rate improvements
- PC cutscenes will have the option to choose from 30, 60, 90 and 120fps
- Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 cutscenes will be locked to 60fps
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4 cutscenes will remain locked to 30fps
- Lots of demo content bug fixes, including for example, mods on some Legendary weapons not triggering properly.
- Balancing changes for various items, mods, enemy stats and loot drops.
- Balancing is an ongoing process and we have learnt much from internal playtests, the Insiders preview and the demo over the previous months. However, we’re sure that we will continue to learn more from the launch of the main game and the feedback provided by you, our community. So, keep it coming!
- Crossplay will no longer be in Beta and will be on by default.
- PC players will be able to add cross-platform players that they have previously played with to their friends lists. Consoles will receive this functionality through a future patch.
- Please note that if you turn Crossplay off manually, you will not be able to automatically matchmake with people who still have it turned on, even if you are all on the same platform. Direct inviting should still work though.
- DirectX 12 will be the default on PC.
- Added a “Quick Mark” functionality to your inventory. This will allow you to mass-mark all items based on their rarity in one or two button presses, rather than needing to mark items individually (which is still possible if preferred).
- Improvements to the Cover System
- Improvement to Travel Voting system used when in a group
- Added information about internal cooldown mechanics for Mods to their descriptions
“We have an additional pre-planned patch that is intended to address any recently-reported issues or bugs coming out of the demo that the run to launch didn’t allow us enough time to implement beforehand. The resolutions for any non-urgent bugs that are discovered during launch may well be rolled into this patch. At this point in time we do not yet have a set release time for this patch as its release will depend on the amount of content we want to roll into it. We are expecting this to roll out at least a few weeks after launch. Newly discovered severe issues will be hot-fixed earlier and separately from this patch of course.”
- Controller adjustment options such as deadzone adjustment, acceleration settings and legacy layouts.
- Loading Time Improvements for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles
- Further Performance Improvements for Co-op games
- Crossplay friends list and invite system across all platforms. This will require you to be using a Square Enix Members account.
- Bug fixes including, for example:
- Lore collectibles bugging out on second characters
- This list will continue to be built out as we progress through launch
People Can Fly has done a tremendous job with Outriders to date and you can see their love and passion going into the release. Our community seems to feel the same so please stay tuned for extensive Outriders coverage in the coming weeks!