Continuing with our reporting on publisher performance, Ubisoft had a very impressive fourth quarter for both new and existing IPs.
Here are the major highlights:
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla broke the franchise’s record for revenue at launch.
- Rainbow Six Siege surpassed 70 million total players.
- Watch Dogs Legion performed very well, far better than Watch Dogs 2, and was the fourth best-selling third-party game on next-gen platforms.
- Immortals Fenyx Rising performed well, particularly on the Switch.
- New Division content will continue into 2022 despite Massive also beginning work on the Star Wars IP for Lucasfilm.
- Ubisoft was the top publisher in total unit sales across all platforms.
We knew Ubisoft would have a big 4th quarter given the release of three major titles along with continued content for others. Being the top publisher across all platforms is very impressive indeed.