Fans have been waiting and waiting, but the time has finally come. The details of the Mass Effect trilogy remaster, known as The Legendary Edition, have finally come to light.
First things first, the title will launch on May 14th for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation consoles. You can visit the official site here.
Next, there are many features being added or updated for the collection. They are as follows:
- One collection will feature all three games and all previously released DLC (over 40 pieces) including promo weapons, armor, and packs.
- 4K/HDR support (for the platforms that support it).
- Visual enhancements include updated models, shaders, lighting, and depth of field.
- New customization options for Shepard which includes the iconic “Fem Shep” for Mass Effect 1 and 2.
- Mass Effect 1 updated with improved controls, weapon aiming, input controls (including for the Mako), squad behavior, cover behavior, and camera movement.
- Mass Effect 1 visually enhanced beyond the standard updates mentioned above.
- Performance mode options including higher fidelity and higher framerate modes.
To say we’re excited for this would be an understatement. Mass Effect is one of our favorite gaming trilogies of all-time and seeing them enhanced, complete, AND with updates to Mass Effect 1 to improve the experience just makes our day. Bring it on!