Call of Duty Black Ops returns soon and it wouldn’t be a new entry without the staple Zombies mode. With the betas fast approaching, Treyarch has given us a deeper look at the changes and updates to the beloved co-op mode.
With more than a nod to “Nacht der Untoten” – the map that started it all – “Die Maschine”takes place in the early ‘80s, but its roots reach back even further into the past. As part of Requiem, a CIA-backed international response team led by Grigori Weaver from the original Black Ops story, operatives explore a World War II bunker that hasn’t only been ravaged by time.
While fighting to suppress the unnatural phenomena at this graffiti-skinned, boarded-up bunker, Requiem team members investigate what lies beneath this structure that’s been left to crumble after decades of disservice. Should they succeed, Requiem may uncover a cache of decades-old secrets that upend the global order.At the same time, a Soviet-led division and rival to Requiem, the Omega Group, enters the fray. The Omega Group also has a keen interest in studying and harnessing the unexplained events and anomalies manifesting around the globe.
Between Requiem and Omega Group, there are plenty of characters who may aid or hinder your journey, while others have separate, unknown agendas that will be up to players to discover. Among this cast, there is one particular contact – Sam – who seems eager to share intel discovered from deep within the KGB.
Bolstered by various pieces of intel that players can track in-game, this incredible Zombies story will start to unfold in mysterious and unexpected ways. For a more thorough look behind the scenes and more intel on the new story and characters that comprise Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Zombies, visit the Treyarch blog.
Whether you’re a long-time Zombies veteran who also plays Multiplayer, or a first-time Call of Duty player completely new to Zombies, expect to drop into the fun faster than ever before with friends and the greater community, no matter the platform or generation you play on. Here are just some of the updates to Zombies in Black Ops Cold War:
- Cross-Play and Cross-Gen
- Just like Multiplayer, squads in Zombies can be formed across platforms and generations, marking the first time in franchise history this co-op mode is available via cross-play.
- Battle Pass Progression and Loadouts
- Players will now advance through the Battle Pass with time played in Zombies, similar to Multiplayer and Call of Duty: Warzone™. Requiem team members can also start the match with their Gunsmith-crafted weapon of choice via loadout support.
- Weapon Rarity
- In addition to the return of the Pack-a-Punch machine to transform your weapon, all weapons will now have a rarity associated with them. The higher the rarity, the greater the damage output and attachments for the weapon. For the first time, this will allow any weapon in the game to be sustainable in later rounds. This also adds more variety and fun to finding new weapons through Wall Buys and the Mystery Box.
- Field Upgrades
- Outside of weaponry, players can deploy Field Upgrades as proactive abilities that add another layer to squad-based tactics.
- Charge them up by killing zombies, then deploy them in times of desperate need. From offensive buffs to abilities that aid in evasion or healing and reviving, these Field Upgrades are made to fit numerous playstyles and situations.
- Around the map, you can craft and find lethal, tactical, and support equipment.
- Lethal and tactical equipment are similar to the equipment found in Multiplayer, like Frag Grenades, while support equipment is home to high-powered offensive weaponry. This slot could be where you deploy Grenade Launchers, Sentry Turrets, Explosive Bows and even Chopper Gunners – all tools that can deliver a massive power spike when your squad needs it most.
- Classic Zombies Perks are back with a reimagined Cold War aesthetic, including the return of timeless favorites like Juggernog and Speed Cola.
- There’s no longer a limit to how many different Perks you can consume, so go ahead and crack open a six-pack, if you have the points to do so.
- Instead of perishing to the horde, Black Ops Cold War Zombies provides a new option to escape with your life when you’re feeling overrun… if you dare.
- If the whole squad is in trouble, you can opt to exfiltrate the undead combat zone via helicopter. Although zombie spawns will be dialed up to 11, you should expect to earn some rewards if your squad completes this final push to survive.
Given the rushed timeline for Cold War, it still seems to be shaping up to be a new, fully featured Call of Duty title. After the initial Alpha saw a huge playerbase last week, there’s no doubt this will be another blockbuster upon release. Are you interested in the new Zombies mode? Let us know!
There are lots of skins in cold ops cold war ware. I love “park”. now in zombies you need to successfully x-files three times to unlock this character a is actually from the UK England. we do have adler now to unlock him in multiplayer you need to get ten kills with four steaks. I think its quite a simple one there you had to unlock. I got all the instruction from http://www.Xfire.com . You guys can also hit it up.