Sackboy A Big Adventure launches on November 12th for the PS4 and PS5 and we now have new details on the game design along with pre-order bonuses and special editions.
First up are new details on the game itself including the design process from developer Sumo Digital.
Players who pre-order will receive a digital comic book developed in collaboration with Dark Horse comics. The Gathering Storm is where you will discover the mysterious past of Scarlet, Sackboy’s mentor and Craftworld’s last remaining Knitted Knight.
Next, you can acquire some PlayStation themed bonuses including skins from some of their other favorite franchises including Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone by choosing one of the deluxe editions. The Digital Deluxe Edition includes the following:
- A digital art book showcasing the beautiful, crafted worlds of Sackboy and the weird and wonderful creatures that inhabit them.
- A digital soundtrack featuring an eclectic selection of tracks from the game.
- 4 x Sackboy costumes of PlayStation icons which you can use to customise your Sackboy:
- Jin from Ghost of Tsushima
- Sam Porter Bridges form Death Stranding
- Connor from Detroit Become Human
- Deacon St. John from Days Gone
- 4 x Sackboy emotes based on each PlayStation icon mentioned above to show off to your friends.
- 20 x Sackboy avatars wearing different costumes from the game.
Meanwhile the Special Edition includes all the contents of the Digital Deluxe in addition to a physical copy of the art book and a plush Sackboy in tiger costume.
We certainly love a good platforming game here but we haven’t been sold on Sackboy to date. The new video demonstrates a world that could be full of life and so we’re not anticipating seeing more of the title soon!