The second episode of CD Projekt Red’s Night City Wire has just wrapped up and we got an even deeper look at some of the details of Cyberpunk 2077. The more we see, the more impressed we become. So let’s jump into what was shown today.
The choice you make for your life path not only impacts the beginning of the game and where you start, but also will lead to unique dialog choices during missions based on the experience of your character.
- Grew up in Night City
- Knows the gangs and streets and their activities
- Grew up in a Nomad clan/family in the Badlands
- Value family above all
- Beginning is how to get into Night City
- Part of Arasaka corporation
- Not truly comfortable in Night City or Badlands
CD Projekt Red demoed a wide range of weaponry and highlighted the core differences in some of the categories of those weapons.
- Smart Weapons
- These have projectile tracking properties and come in many variations.
- Tech Weapons
- Highly customizable and extremely powerful.
- Power Weapons
- More “old school” budget weaponry but still packing a punch.
- Melee Weapons
- Up close and personal!
Loot rarity is in place with Commons, Uncommons, Rares, and Legendaries. Legendaries have unique abilities and are found throughout the world. Most interesting, some will be held by NPCs meaning that a player will have to make a decision whether or not to change the course of a relationship to try and get them.
Weapon modding also plays a large part in the mechanics to adjust play styles and approaches to situations.
CD Projekt Red also gave us a deeper glimpse into the design and methodology that’s gone into creating the official soundtrack for Cyberpunk 2077.