As expected, the Xbox Games Showcase will occur on July 23rd at 9am PST / 12pm EST / 6pm CEST. You’ll be able to tune in live via the official Xbox Twitch or YouTube channels as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
As the event is also part of Summer Game Fest, there will also be a pre-show beginning at 8am PST / 11am EST / 5pm CEST with host Geoff Keighley.
— Xbox (@Xbox) July 6, 2020
So what do we know about the showcase and what you can expect to see? We’ve been talking about this for some time so here’s some highlights.
- Halo Infinite will play a starring role and the hope is that we get an extended look at both the campaign and multiplayer suite.
- Given the history of mainline Halo titles, it also won’t surprise us to see an announcement for an Infinite Multiplayer Beta period.
- The new Forza Motorsport will likely make an appearance. While technically it will be FM8, we’re not sure if it will simply be named “8” or something else. Turn 10 has had an extra year of development and expectations are high including a possible 120fps mode.
- Obsidian is expected to show their new RPG. The team that developed Outer Worlds was a smaller team within the studio. The “core” team has been working on a AAA RPG that is yet to be shown.
- Playground Games is expected to show their RPG project as well. Widely rumored as Fable which we’ve reported on many times, it will be the debut for the title as well.
- It was recently rumored that we’ll also see the first project from The Initiative, the brand-new “AAAA” studio out of Santa Monica. Whether or not it will be the rumored Perfect Dark is TBD.
- New footage of Rare’s new IP Everwild is expected to be shown.
- We believe we’ll see more from Ninja Theory including Hellblade 2.
- We expect to see teases from other studios under the XGS umbrella as well such as Compulsion Games.
- There’s also rumors of further partnerships being announced.
- There are several in-development titles that we expect to see as well. They include:
- Cuphead The Delicious Last Course
- Flight Simulator full release
- Crossfire X single player campaign from Remedy
- Psychonauts 2
- Tell Me Why
- Lastly, Xbox has the marketing rights to some major titles still yet to come as well. They include:
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Elden Ring
- Star Wars Squadrons
Our expectations for the event were our main topic of this week’s Bitcast as well. If you haven’t given it a watch/listen yet, you can find it below!