The Xbox team has been very communicative about their plans for next-generation since the surprise unveiling of the Series X at The Game Awards. Their continued openness and transparency has been embraced by fans and media alike, and a stark contrast to Sony who have been extremely quiet in comparison.
Well the Xbox team has now doubled down on that effort with the announcement of Xbox 20/20. Starting with Inside Xbox on Thursday (May 7th), the teams will be revealing new information on games, projects, services, etc…every month leading up to launch this holiday season. The news was posted on Xbox Wire this morning, with the following shared as the plan for the remainder of the year:
This is a momentous year for Xbox, with our next-gen console paving the way for all our games and services to come together in even better ways. Here’s what 2020 looks like, just to start:
- Our goal remains to launch Xbox Series X and Halo Infinite this Holiday
- All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are hard at work on next-generation games for Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass
- The best development teams around the world are working hard to have their games ready to play on Xbox Series X this holiday
- For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- We have new updates and titles lined up for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC
- We’re expanding Project xCloud into new countries and on new devices—and later this year Project xCloud and Xbox Game Pass will come together, enabling you and your friends to play together in more ways.
The Inside Xbox on Thursday will be focused on third-party relationships and confirm details of the games that will run on the Series X while providing some gameplay sneak peaks.
For the Xbox 20/20 May update, we will focus on giving you a first look at next-gen gameplay, trailers and sneak peeks from a wide variety of publishing partners and independent developers across the globe and industry, including Ubisoft’s recently announced Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and hear from game creators about what they’re doing with their games on Xbox Series X. We’ll be confirming games that utilize our new Smart Delivery feature, which ensures that you always play the best version of the games you own for your console, across generations.
And then in July, a large event will be held to showcase first-party titles from Xbox Game Studios.
In July, we will dedicate time to focus on the incredible games coming from Xbox Game Studios. A number of our studio teams are looking forward to sharing first looks at new gameplay, insights from development teams being optimized for Xbox Series X, and brand-new game announcements. We cannot wait to share this initial look at what some of those teams are working on.
These are exciting times. We love the dedication the Xbox team is showing to the next-generation and its fans and we applaud their transparency and forging of community. In our opinion, they are by far leading the way in how to communicate with fans and foster engagement. We’re excited to see what’s on the way!