There’s been chatter around the industry of the new Assassin’s Creed for some time now, with almost all of them pointing towards a viking themed titled. If the latest rumors are to be believed, that holds true along with several other interesting tidbits.
According to multiple sources, the official reveal of the title is coming “very soon” and the game will not be called Kingdom or Ragnarok (which further leads to speculation of it being titled AC : Valhalla). It’s also said to feature the following:
- The hidden blade returns
- Will feature an abundance of supernatural content (more than Odyssey)
- Will continue to be a full-blown RPG and even deeper than Odyssey
- Takes place in Scandinavia but there will be other regions in the game as well
- The main protagonist is female but you can also choose to be male
- The release is still planned for late 2020
As always, take these details with a grain of salt. But if past leaks of Assassin’s Creed are any indication, there’s likely a lot of truth here.
We’re extremely excited for the next Assassin’s Creed particularly with Origins and Odyssey being such excellent games. Given the previous leaks detailing some of the side-quests and design methodology for the title, we feel this could be on of the best open-world RPGs in some time. And given Ubisoft’s history, we fully expect to see the title optimized for the Series X and PS5.