UPDATE: It’s official, Warzone drops tomorrow:
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) March 9, 2020
A couple of weeks ago we posted some details on Call of Duty Warzone, an upcoming free to play battle royale title in the Call of Duty universe. Well it turns out all of the details were true and we now have more to share.
- It is free to play and even cross-platform across PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
- Right now it currently runs with 150 players though that may increase to 200 in the future.
- The game can be played in solo, duos, and trios.
- Classic Call of Duty maps are integrated into the map design.
- There will be 2 game modes at launch.
According to the new details, the game will be available “very soon”. Now, gameplay has been leaked but continues to be pulled down by Activision. In that vein, there is nothing official to share however, it is out there to watch should you be so inclined.
As we’ve commented before, we’re really excited for this. Modern Warfare is one of the best CODs in years and taking that gameplay to a large scale, battle royale could be really fun. Combine that with the fact that anyone can jump in and play, across platforms, and this is going to be a massive hit.