While some of the season 2 details leaked ahead of time, we now have the official roadmap from Infinity Ward and the full details on what’s being delivered. See below!
CONTENT AVAILABLE DAY ONE
- New MP Maps:
- Rust – The classic map returns! A small map for fast-paced combat, Rust brings the battle to an oil yard in the middle of the desert. The site of the Modern Warfare 2 Campaign mission, “Endgame”, may be just that for players who don’t learn the tricks to master this arid field of play. Utilize the environment for cover and grab the high ground and low ground to take advantage of your enemies.
- Atlas Superstore – Go shopping in Atlas Superstore, a new Multiplayer map that takes place in a supercenter warehouse that has been taken over by Al-Qatala forces. Battle in dense lanes of traffic, over fallen shelving, and throughout the shipping, receiving, and employee-only areas. Clean up on aisle six!
- New Ground War Map:
- Zhokov Boneyard – A resting place for discarded airplane parts, Zhokov Boneyard is a Ground War map in Verdansk. Traipse through this airplane junk yard and avoid the turbulence of the enemy team while capturing your objectives.
- New Gunfight Maps:
- Bazaar – A tightly contained cross-section of the streets of Urzikstan is turned into a battleground in Bazaar. Experience the tension-filled Gunfight while navigating a new zone of combat. The randomized Gunfight loadouts all have a chance to shine as the maps symmetrical layout offers opportunities for big moments and epic plays.
- New MP Modes:
- Gunfight Tournament – Enter this single elimination 2v2 firefight and battle to earn rewards. 32 teams will enter, but only one can be crowned Gunfight Tournament champion. Gunfight Tournaments will be live for a limited time.
- CDL Playlist – Fight like the pros in this Call of Duty League ruleset playlist. In this playlist, the settings and available weapons, maps, and modes have been altered, so you can battle like the best of ‘em. Get a look at the complete Call of Duty League ruleset here, then jump into the playlist.
- CDL Playlist
- New Operator:
- New Weapons:
- Grau 5.56
- Striker 45
CONTENT AVAILABLE DURING THE SEASON
- New MP Map:
- Khandor Hideout
- New Operators:
- New MP Modes:
- Infected Ground War – An outbreak has occurred in Ground War. Join up with your fellow Survivors to hold off the Infected horde until the time expires. Infected players will have limited loadouts but increased movement abilities, so be wary of their crafty play. If you do get infected, attack with the horde to assault and takedown any remaining Survivors in a large-scale match of Infected.
- NVG Reinforce – Battle under the cover of darkness in the NVG Reinforce playlist. Reinforce is a hybrid objective mode that blends elements of Domination with Search & Destroy.
- Gunfight Variants
- Demolition – Similar to Search and Destroy, this respawn mode pits two teams against each other with the objective of attacking or destroying bomb sites. The attacking team must destroy both bomb sites within the time limit to win the round. Decimating one bomb site adds to your time. Destroy, defend, and be mindful of explosives in Demolition.
- New Weapon:
Infinity Ward is definitely making a play to classic Modern Warfare fans with the return of Rust and Ghost, and they continue to add meaningful content to the game. Infected Ground War sounds very interesting given that chaos that could ensue.