Just in time for the theatrical release of Rise of the Skywalker, the teams at DICE have added related content to Battlefront 2. Out now, the Rise of the Skywalker update adds the following:
- New jungle map for co-op and heroes vs villains.
- 4 new reinforcements (Sith Infiltrator, First Order Jet Trooper, Resistance Gunner, and Resistance Spy).
- New looks for heroes based on Rise of the Skywalker appearances.
- Additional planet options for co-op.
There are also some quality of life improvements that DICE has been working on in update 1.44.
- Added a system on Co-Op and Capital Supremacy that allows squad mates to signal in UI which capture point they are intending to go to.
- Added faction and era selection to Co-op, including the option for matchmaking into any game.
- The player Health Bar has been updated to showcase when a player’s health is being blocked from healing or health regeneration.
- Polished the timings of the Damage Reduction Messaging animations when evading.
- Weapon crosshairs are now dimmed when the player cannot fire (such as when deploying a weapon).
Battlefront 2 has been one of the best redemption stories in the industry over the past couple of years and it has a tremendous amount of content for new players. If you haven’t jumped in, there’s no time like the present!