Nintendo has silently released a new model Switch that promises better battery life, more color accurate screen and better heat dissipation. But the big question is how do you know if you’re buying the right model? There is still a lot of stock of the old model available and it may be hard to tell which one is new vs the old one.
Things to know:
- Pricing is identical. No sales have been listed yet for the old models
- Trade in deals may pop up at retailers offering bonuses on Switch trade ins. Take advantage of them if you’re looking to “upgrade”
- The main upgrade is better battery life. You’re going from 2.5-6.5 hours to 4.5-9 hours
- Amazon has this listed already but expect to see them everywhere very soon
- No bundles have been announced yet with the new model
- Both the grey and neon blue/red joy cons are available
How to tell:
- Look for the new box which will be all red
- Model/Serial numbers are different. New model number is HAC-001 (-01). This may show in the title if buying online. Serial number begins with XKW.