Microsoft released their investor’s report today for the 2nd quarter of fiscal year 2019 (which ended December 2018). Of course, what we’re interested in is how the Gaming Division is performing. The division has been seeing increased growth over the last several quarters and the latest report affirms their continued growth. The simple figures are this:
- The Gaming Division’s revenue is now $11.5 billion annually.
- The revenue for the second quarter of fiscal year 2019 was $4.23 billion (up 8% YoY).
- Year over year overall growth is 23%.
- Software and services were up 31% year over year. Hardware was down 19% (due to the prior year’s Xbox One X launch).
- Xbox Live now has 64 million active users monthly.
In short, Microsoft’s Gaming Division is performing exceedingly well and given the investment, will likely continue to see growth into the future.
You can find the full financial report here should you be interested : Microsoft’s Investor Report
As we continue to speak about here at SG, Microsoft has gotten very serious with their investment into Gaming. It’s taken a while, but under new leadership and with new direction, they are now a powerhouse in the industry which will only continue to grow. No matter what, this continues to be more good news for not only Xbox gamers, but the industry as a whole.