We’ve been discussing our excitement for the Vikendi addition for weeks now and it’s just a couple days away. PUBG Corp has given us the full patch notes, and as expected, this looks to be an excellent update to the title and likely the largest since the 1.0 release.
You can find the post directly on the PUBG Forums here (which we recommend as it’s a very large update) along with the highlights below:
Quality of Life Updates
- Minimap: Players can now further magnify the minimap
- Player order consistency: Player order between the lobby and in-game is now consistent so that players will have fixed numbers and colors based on lobby order when they enter a game.
- Added field of view slider in First Person Perspective mode (FPP) settings
- Added graphical settings option for Xbox One X
New Weapons and Vehicle
- The Skorpion spawns on all maps
- Single fire and full auto fire mode
- Uses 9mm ammo, it can load up to 20 bullets and 40 with an Extended Magazine
- G36C spawns only in Vikendi
- Chambered for 5.56mm ammo, it can load 30 bullets and 40 with an Extended Magazine
- G36C has a lower and upper rail for attachments, but cannot attach a stock
- The Snowmobile only spawns in Vikendi
- It seats 2 players and performs much better than other vehicles on snow and ice, but is more difficult to drive on other terrain.
Survivor Pass: Vikendi
- The duration of the pass is 10 weeks.
- Players have the opportunity to complete missions and receive rewards throughout the duration of the pass.
- Two types of passes are available:
- Survivor Pass: Vikendi – Provides missions and rewards to unlock for all players, as they level-up the pass.
- Premium Pass – Provides special missions and exclusive rewards to players who’ve purchased the premium pass, as they level-up the pass.
- Each level you can claim rewards from Survivor Pass: Vikendi in the Rewards tab and also claim Coupons by clicking on the ‘Drop In Supply’ button.
- Coupons can be used to unlock exclusive rewards, read on for more details.
PUBG continues to evolve and despite the other Battle Royale players in the market, it still has the purest feel of life or death in our opinion. What we’ve played of Vikendi has been brilliant and the other changes, particularly the further polish and the ability to adjuster graphical settings on the Xbox One X, will be hugely welcome.