The moment Halo fans have been waiting for since 2014 is finally here. After a broken launch and outcry from the community, 343 Industries promised they would take Master Chief Collection and eventually “make it right”. This as we learned was a much more extensive proposition than we’d imagined simply due to the complexity with which teh title had been created. Work began on the title last year while Halo Insiders have been testing and providing feedback for several months. Over that time, The Master Chief Collection has finally evolved into the collection we knew it could be.
The updates are incredibly extensive and weighing in at a massive 73.7gb. You can find all of the detail on the updates via the Halo Waypoint here, but the highlights are below:’
- Xbox One X enhancements for all titles including support for 4K resolution and HDR.
- New matchmaking built with the latest Live features and functionality with all matches worldwide running on servers hosted in Microsoft global data centers.
- Offline LAN support.
- Intelligent Delivery system to support varied forms of game installation.
- New language and text settings.
- Updated UI and menus with faster load times.
- New multiplayer playlists (details in link).
This is absolutely fantastic news for Halo fans and potential new fans alike with MCC being added to Game Pass in just a few days (September 1st). Whether you’re like me and have thousands of hours in the Halo titles, or have never played them, now is the time to jump in!