Over 20 years since its original release, Age of Empires has been fully remastered and modernized for a February 20th release. It will be available for $19.99 for Windows 10 PCs. Some of the improvements made are as follows:
- Completely rebuilding assets for a modern 4K presentation
- Letting you play online with Xbox LIVE (in addition to LAN play)
- Re-recorded the original soundtrack with a new orchestral score
- Adding campaign narration for every mission
- Enhancing the campaign and scenario editor, which allows anyone to make original custom campaigns for the game, by letting players easily share them with other players around the world via AgeOfEmpires.com
In addition, an open beta (worldwide) will begin on January 29th. You can sign up at AgeofEmpires.com . In case you missed the original announcement trailer, you can find that below as well:
Age of Empires is on the short list of all-time Real Time Strategy classics so it’s very cool that its returning for a new generation of gamers who likely never got to experience it. The improvements and enhancements look to be extensive and it should offer a wealth of gameplay for $19.99. Are you an AoE fan? Let us know!
Covering the videogame industry with daily content, unique opinions, and as always, no ads or filler.