The official release schedule for the Assassin’s Creed Origins expansions has been revealed. It is as follows:
- The Hidden Ones will launch on January 23rd.
- It will be a story-driven expansion set four years after the events of Origins.
- It will take place in a new region.
- It will increase the level cap to 45 while adding new weapons, mounts, and new levels for crafted gear.
- It will be available for all season pass holders or can be purchased as a stand-alone expansion for $10.
- The new educational mode, Discovery Tour, is coming on February 20th as a free update.
- Discovery Tour will allow players to explore ancient Egypt while learning about the lives, culture, traditions, of its people.
- It will be available to Origins owners on Uplay and Steam for Windows PCs (we’re inquiring what this means for console players).
- It will also be available as a stand-alone purchase for $20 if you don’t own Origins.
- The Curse of the Pharoahs will launch on March 6th
- It will take players on a journey to Thebes to investigate an ancient curse that is re-animating the dead.
- It will increase the level cap to 55 while including new weapons and outfits.
- It will be available for all season pass holders or can be purchased separately for $20.
Origins was one of our favorite games of 2017 and these expansions should add tens of additional hours of gameplay for fans. We think the Discovery Tour is a very unique and interesting addition to the game and we’re hoping it not only turns out well, but that people take advantage of the mode so we see further development in that vein in the future.
Covering the videogame industry with daily content, unique opinions, and as always, no ads or filler.