In a statement yesterday, Bungie has revealed what we can expect in the Destiny universe in the coming year. Here are the details:
- The final update for Destiny is titled “The Age of Triumph”. It will be fully revealed during a Bungie livestream on Wednesday, March 8th.
- The Age of Triumph will sandbox update will release on Wednesday March 22nd.
- Destiny 2 is coming later this year.
- Power, possessions and currency will not carry over to Destiny 2.
- Your Guardian will carry over along with their traits and some unspecified honors reflecting your accomplishments in Destiny 1.
For Bungie’s official statement you can find their blog here: Destiny : The Road Ahead
Destiny has a hugely engaged fanbase and so it’s good to see Bungie being clear about their plans with proper communication. We’re sure we’ll see the full unveiling of Destiny 2 at E3 in June and knowing it’s the team responsible for The Taken King who have been put in charge of the story development, we’re confident it will be a lot better in that area than Destiny 1. In the meantime, we hope The Age of Triumph represents a large enough sandbox update to keep Destiny players happy.
Covering the videogame industry with daily content, unique opinions, and as always, no ads or filler.