Working with Petroglyph Games, publisher Soedesco is working to bring 8-Bit Armies to consoles this Summer. Many of the veteran developers of the Command & Conquer series contributed to 8-Bit Armies leading to it receiving critical acclaim when it released on Windows last Summer.
Regarding the console release, Soedesco noted the following features:
- Jump right in with easy to understand modern military units and structures
- Play cooperatively or versus the AI choosing from multiple difficulty options
- Use classic RTS Base-Building mechanics to construct the ultimate HQ from which to attack your foes
- Explore a variety of locales, destroying everything that gets in your way with devastating super weapons
- Two campaigns with a total of 40 single-player combat missions for many hours of gameplay
- Join your friends to play 12 co-op missions against a variety of AI opponents
- Gather up to 8 online players to team up in one of the dozen multiplayer/skirmish maps
- The boxed and online console version of 8-Bit Armies will include the game and the ‘Guardians Campaign’ DLC
You can find the official info from Soedesco here: Soedesco Blog
In our opinion, the more RTS games brought to console the better as it’s a genre that’s often forgotten about. With veterans of the excellent C&C series developing, we’re sure it will be a blast to play.
Covering the videogame industry with daily content, unique opinions, and as always, no ads or filler.