It’s been a very long time coming but after a somewhat disappointing initial reveal, Rocksteady has pulled the curtain off of Suicide Squad : Kill the Justice League. Releasing on February 2nd, the team at Rocksteady released a new 20-minute video demonstrating the characters, story, and the city of Metropolis.
Here are the core details to understand prior to Rocksteady releasing more videos leading up to release:
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features an original story set in the DC Universe as the Squad must take on an impossible mission to save Earth and kill the world’s greatest DC Super Heroes, the Justice League.
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features an original, narrative-driven experience that picks up the story five years after the events of Batman: Arkham Knight. Players who are familiar with the Batman: Arkham series will see some related narrative elements pop up in the game.
- Metropolis is an open sandbox to explore and twice the size of Gotham City from Arkham Knight.
- You can take control of any of the four main characters.
- You can play solo or in co-op up to four players.
- You can customize each character with new looks, weapons, skills, and more.
- You can switch between characters any time outside of combat.
- Each character has their own abilities and ways to traverse Metropolis.
- Suicide Squad features full cross-play and cross-progression across platforms.
- It will feature a 60fps mode on both PS5 and Xbox Series consoles.
The elephant in the room has been the live-service approach of Suicide Squad. Here is what they’ve clarified on how content will be delivered.
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will have regular post-launch seasonal updates, earnable at no additional cost through playing the game. Updates will include new story content, playable characters, missions, gear, weapons, cosmetic items, in-game events, and more.
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will have a post-launch cosmetics-only battle pass to earn new outfits, emotes, and other items to customize playable characters. A new battle pass will be available during each season of post-launch content and will have free tiers available at no cost to all players, along with premium tiers that will be available via an optional in-game purchase. All battle pass items will be cosmetic and will not affect gameplay in any way.
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will have cosmetic items available for optional in-game purchase that can be used to customize playable characters. Each cosmetics-only battle pass will also have premium tiers that will be available via an optional in-game purchase. All in-game purchases will be completely optional and will not affect gameplay in any way.
We’ll be discussing Suicide Squad : Kill the Justice League in more depth this weekend on Bitcast!