The team at 343 Industries has been firing on all cylinders lately and with the World Championship rapidly approaching this weekend, they’ve now introduced Season 5 formally.
Launching next week on October 17th, Season 5 will bring a wide range of additions to Infinite. Below you can find a summary along with the latest trailer. And stay-tuned for more details from the World Championship this weekend!
- New Game Mode : Extraction
- Returning from Halo 4, Extraction will be featured throughout the game including the Ranked modes.
- New Arena Maps
- Two new Arena maps join the rotation: Prism and Forbidden. Forbidden will be added to Ranked.
- Flood-themed Customization
- Players can customize their spartans with Flood-themed cosmetics.
- New Battle Pass
- The new battle pass format will move to 50 tiers from 100. There’s no less content, it’s simply being consolidated to be more meaningful.
- The first 20 tiers will be free with tiers 21-50 representing the paid pass.
- Multi-core Helmets
- Helmets are moving to full “cross-core” meaning you can use any helmet on any core.
- Forge A.I. Toolkit
- The ability to create PVE encounters is being added.
- Firefight variations like King of the Hill will be added over the course of the season.
- Match XP in Custom Games
- You will now be able to earn experience in Custom Games.
- New Rewards for Players Reaching Hero Rank
- Special armors will be available for players reaching max rank including Infinite’s MK. VI Gen-3