Destruction AllStars was originally scheduled to be a PS5 launch title, but with the team needing more development and community consensus being relatively cold, the title was pushed to February and announced as a PS Plus title.
This morning, PlayStation launched a preview page highlighting some of the features you can expect from the upcoming title.
Stars and cars collide.
Dominate the glittering global phenomenon of Destruction AllStars – the spectacular prime-time sport for dangerous drivers!
Master the art of intense vehicle-based combat through timing, tactics and skills to cause colossal amounts of damage, destruction and devastation in vibrant arenas across the globe.
Pile-on the destruction from behind the wheel or leap into the arena with a breathtaking reel of parkour action by dodging attacks, taking over vehicles or using abilities to disrupt the onslaught of incoming vehicles.
Cause enough mayhem to power up your AllStars game-changing hero vehicle fueled with special abilities.
A roster of 16 blockbuster Destruction AllStars are revved up and ready to compete in the name of entertainment and demolition. So, strap in for intense, explosive and unpredictable levels of free-flowing action and fight to be crowned the Global Destruction Federation Champion.
It’s time to run, ram and slam. See you in the arena.
- Heroes… icons… global sensations – Sixteen fearless, charismatic Destruction AllStars make up the roster of international competitors vying for the Global Destruction Federation Championship.
- These guys are pay-per-view and pay-per-wreck quality. Main eventers and headliners. Known across the world.
- Utilize each AllStar’s abilities to tailor your tactics and play style – exploit their agility, speed or strength to wreck and evade rivals with powerful skills and parkour, switch between vehicles or leap onto speeding cars in heart-stopping takeover attempts.
- The finest engineers have carefully crafted 28 vehicles for the Global Destruction Federation.
- A number of basic vehicles will be scattered throughout each arena at the start of every match.
- But each AllStar also has a personal signature set of wheels that can turn the tide of any battle.
- Cause enough mayhem to power up your hero vehicle – each one is fueled with special abilities to get fans off their seats.
We believe it was the right move to move this title to February as a PS Plus addition. Given the audience and multiplayer focus, it’s important to allow as many players as possible to experience the game. This is particularly true when it’s a new IP. The game certainly has potential and we hope it lives up to it.