The quest director on Cyberpunk 2077, Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, shared a few new details on how your character’s origin and choices will impact quest lines. In this short Twitter clip, he says:
- There are many different skills that characters can develop.
- Depending on your skill development, you will be provided different paths and options during quests.
- “Life Paths” are affected by the origin you choose for your character. A couple of examples are provided:
- If you choose a street kid background, you will likely have different options when speaking with people on the street.
- Whereas if you choose corporate, you may better understand how the corporations will approach a mission.
— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) July 15, 2019
Particularly after The Witcher 3, we believe players are looking for extensive, meaningful quest lines in Cyberpunk 2077. In that vein, it’s great to hear some details of what we can expect. With multiple origin choices and many skills to choose from, we can only imagine the depth and variety players will experience. It should result in multiple playthroughs being feasible for months and even years to come!