A few months ago we spoke with Anthony Palma, CEO of Jump, about the future of the service and his expectations for growth. As of February 1st, Jump has now crossed the 100 game mark and added several new titles to their indie game lineup. The new titles are as follows:
- Splasher, by developer Splashteam, is a fun and challenging 2D platformer filled with humor and surprises. Armed with a paint cannon, players face the dangers of the Inkorp mega-factory in order to save their companions—the Splashers—and put an end to the Machiavellian projects of the evil boss, Le Docteur.
- AFTERGRINDER, by Grave Danger Games, puts players in just that in this punishing arcade runner for the speed freaks and masochists among us. Players first pick a character, next pick a level…and then get ready to die. Unless they can survive 90 rage-inducing levels in 3 unforgiving worlds, that is.
- Evangeline : Raconteur Games’ Evangeline is a unique and emotional narrative game where color guides players through the world. Set in the 1980s, you are thrown into a strangely familiar monochrome neighborhood and must piece together the story through color as you play. Inspired by the loss of a loved one, Evangeline is about life, love, and loss, and will invite players to connect with those they care about. In the end, players have to ask themselves one simple question: If you could make one last call to a loved one, what would you say? A special note about the game, it has also been tailored to be enjoyable for most levels of color perception, such that color blind players should be able to enjoy the game no matter their situation.
- WORLD END ECONOMiCA Ep. 02—In this second episode of the highly acclaimed three-part visual novel from the creator of Spice and Wolf, Isuna Hasekura, and developer Spicy Tails, WORLD END ECONOMiCA Ep. 02 (Episode 01 is also available on Jump), Haru woke up with his life but without his dream. Four years after the incident, he finds a new cause, as a driven young lady offers him a chance to return to investing and to find justice.
- 88 Heroes—From publisher Rising Star and developer Bitmap Bureau comes this unique high-quality, action-filled platformer 88 Heroes. It’s 8:08am on 8th August 1988, and the evil Dr. H8 has brought the world to the brink of total annihilation! His demands are simple: Pay $88 octillion within 88 minutes or Dr. H8’s 88 thermonuclear warheads will wipe out the Earth. With 88 levels between them and Dr. H8, only 88 seconds to complete each level and the 88-minute Doomsday clock already ticking, players lead 88 unique characters—each with their own special abilities—on a platform-hopping, enemy-smashing, danger-dodging mission to save Earth from complete destruction.
- HOOK—From developer Maciej Targoni, creator of the beautiful puzzler Klocki (also available on Jump), and Wojclech Wasiak is another short, uniquely designed minimalist puzzle game that falls into the category of relaxing puzzlers perfect for those who enjoy unwinding and engaging in brain twisters.
- PUSH—From the creators of Klocki, Zenge, and HOOK (all three available on Jump) and Art of Gravity, developers Maciej Targoni and Michal Palowski teamed up to create PUSH. A gorgeous and relaxing puzzle game, PUSH has no points, no star awards, no tutorials, and no move counters—just a single goal of pushing all the buttons. How do you do it? Well, that’s the puzzle.
- Doodle 8-bit Mania—Head back to the 80s in Joybit’s mega-popular addictive, puzzle world-building game. Players mix and match different element combinations to build the universe of their dreams. The entire game, based on Doodle God (also available on Jump) has been beautifully redrawn in pixel graphics with an awesome new 8-bit soundtrack that takes you back to the very beginning of video games.
Jump offers a unique service in the industry and it’s great to see their offering continue to grow. Our experience with Jump has been quite positive and we’d highly recommend checking out the service should you enjoy indie titles on your PC!