We’ve learned a lot about COD WW2 today and we’re going to simply sum it up for you.
- The game follows the 1st Infantry Division otherwise known as the Fighting First.
- It will feature real settings and iconic locations with a narrative that spans the war.
- There are two characters currently confirmed as playable but the entire cast will span many characters and nations.
- The goal is to highlight the fact that it was a global war and not simply to provide an American perspective.
- Sledgehammer is aiming to demonstrate the humanity and struggle behind the soldiers in both the Axis and Allies armies.
- Squad members will have some usable abilities.
- Not all squad members will survive (details are vague).
- There is no automatic health regeneration.
- Weather, lighting, and gun/environmental sounds were heavily focused on.
- Obviously it’s a return to boots on the ground with no “abilities”.
- The arsenal will feature classics like the Garand but also shotguns and LMGs.
- Maps will be designed around key locations from the war as well with different weapons having more impact depending on the location.
- The game introduces a new co-op mode called “War”. It’s described as a series of scenarios involving “scenario driven conflicts”.
- War will focus heavily on squad play versus the more lone wolf approach of traditional COD multiplayer.
- Zombies mode has been confirmed but details are vague other than it being “an entirely new experience”.
- A new “hub” called Headquarters will make it’s debut where players can meet up and recognize each other’s achievements, join games, etc….
- It’s described as a purely “social space”.
We’ll continue to share details on COD WW2 as they become available. Stay tuned!
Covering the videogame industry with daily content, unique opinions, and as always, no ads or filler.