We’ve learned a lot about COD WW2 today and we’re going to simply sum it up for you.
- The game follows the 1st Infantry Division otherwise known as the Fighting First.
- It will feature real settings and iconic locations with a narrative that spans the war.
- There are two characters currently confirmed as playable but the entire cast will span many characters and nations.
- The goal is to highlight the fact that it was a global war and not simply to provide an American perspective.
- Sledgehammer is aiming to demonstrate the humanity and struggle behind the soldiers in both the Axis and Allies armies.
- Squad members will have some usable abilities.
- Not all squad members will survive (details are vague).
- There is no automatic health regeneration.
- Weather, lighting, and gun/environmental sounds were heavily focused on.
- Obviously it’s a return to boots on the ground with no “abilities”.
- The arsenal will feature classics like the Garand but also shotguns and LMGs.
- Maps will be designed around key locations from the war as well with different weapons having more impact depending on the location.
- The game introduces a new co-op mode called “War”. It’s described as a series of scenarios involving “scenario driven conflicts”.
- War will focus heavily on squad play versus the more lone wolf approach of traditional COD multiplayer.
- Zombies mode has been confirmed but details are vague other than it being “an entirely new experience”.
- A new “hub” called Headquarters will make it’s debut where players can meet up and recognize each other’s achievements, join games, etc….
- It’s described as a purely “social space”.
We’ll continue to share details on COD WW2 as they become available. Stay tuned!